MENTORING IN THE CAPITAL MARKETS
The primary benefit of our one-on-one mentoring is the customization of a program tailored to your initial knowledge level, strengths and weaknesses, and relevant subject areas and topics you'd like to focus on. After a series of initial consultations, a personalized syllabus is developed, customized to your objectives, and broken down into a number of sessions fitting your schedule and time commitments.
Throughout the process, you will receive the personalized attention of your mentor in a one-on-one, distraction-free setting. Follow-up email and phone support is also available.
Sample Mentoring Syllabus:
(1) Stock Selection Process & Criteria - explore industries and sectors based on fundamental analysis, technical analysis, and events/news/catalysts;
(2) Fundamental Analysis of Stocks -- customize research process and make full use of existing tools typically available to professional investors;
(3) Investing & Trading Mechanics -- pre-market, post-market, NYSE market hour trading and using ECNs/Level II for professional execution;
(4) Understanding Key Factors Moving Markets & Stocks -- exploration of key factors including High Frequency Training, Algos, and behavioral elements; how to interpret company specific news and access news using a news wire, filters, and alerts;
(5) Asset Allocation -- learning and applying principles of asset allocation for long-term investing, in order to build a portfolio;
(6) Investor Pyschology -- understanding and applying investor psychology and discipline;
(7) Using Technical Analysis for Execution & Risk Management -- understanding and applying moving averages, Fibonacci ratios, patterns, and charts to interpret news and fundamentals;
(8) Options Strategy -- applying advanced options strategies -- bull spread, bear spread, straddle, strangle, butterfly -- and option trade execution;
(9) Options Process -- developing an Options trading process.
LEAD MENTOR: David Kaplan, Former Morgan Stanley Analyst / Trader / Instructor
David Kaplan is a seasoned analyst, investor, and trader with a keen expertise and knowledge of capital markets as well as over 20 years of investing and trading experience.
Mr. Kaplan relies on fundamental and technical analysis in trading and investing, including advanced principles of behavioral science. He has experience across all time frames of investing and trading and prides himself for his discipline and consistency of positive results in all market conditions.
Starting at Morgan Stanley as a Research Associate, Mr. Kaplan worked for over 6 years in the Institutional Equity Division at Morgan’s Global Headquarters in New York City. During the last four years, his team was ranked #1 in its market performance by the prestigious Institutional Investor All America Poll rankings, an honor which means asset management analysts and portfolio managers voted the research as the best on the Street.
Following Morgan Stanley, Mr. Kaplan worked at UBS and several boutique buy-side and sell-side firms in an institutional capacity focusing on small cap, special situations, and event driven strategies.
With his passion for investment and ability to convey complex financial principles to a diverse audience, Mr. Kaplan has also taught fundamental and technical investing in classroom and consulting settings.
Most recently, Mr. Kaplan worked at Invest Academy, a classroom and investment training center based in New York, where he taught classes on technical analysis in investment strategies. His classes received a very high number of positive and enthusiastic reviews from students, who credited him for breaking down complex technical concepts to teach practical investment and shorter term investment entry and risk management skills.
Mr. Kaplan holds an MBA in Finance and a Juris Doctor from Hofstra University and has earned his BA degree magna cum laude from the University at Albany. He holds Series 6, 7, 63, 86, 87 licenses.